Dr. Peter Geittmann has been a practicing obstetrician/gynecologist on staff at Northwest Community Healthcare since 1981. Over that time, Dr. Geittmann (known to many as Dr. G) has delivered more than 5,000 babies. He also has seen many of his patients survive life-threatening diagnosis such as breast, uterine, ovarian and other cancers.
Over the years, hundreds of Dr. Geittmann’s patients who experienced a catastrophic medical event were employed, but either underinsured or did not receive insurance through their employers. These women would be faced with two very serious challenges; gathering the strength to battle and survive a potentially fatal diagnosis, and the accompanying cost to fight it.
Those experiences are what shaped Dr. Geittmann’s goal to form a foundation to help these individuals, who are working to help themselves – but need a hand up. The Dr. Peter Geittmann was officially established in early 2016 to begin the very important work to help not only these deserving women, but their children as well.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- IL State Medical License, 1978-2017
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
AWARDS, HONORS & RECOGNITION
- Top MD -Consumer Checkbook
- Fellow (FACOG) -American Congress of Obstetricians
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- PubMed Sclerosing stromal tumor of the ovary. A light, electron microscopic and enzyme histochemical study. Lam, R.M., Geittmann, P.; Int J Gynecol Pathol. 1988. 1 citation
- Northwest Community Hospital, Arlington Heights, IL
Please join us at our 2017 Gala: “Delivering it Forward ” on Saturday, September 16, 2017 @ Arlington Park